TAP’s work is primarily funded through state taxes, grants, and fee-for-service projects. These funding sources can fluctuate over time for a variety of reasons.
Donations from corporations or private citizens can help us pay for labor, supplies, or equipment to provide additional sustainability technical assistance to organizations, institutions, businesses, residents, or governments within Illinois.
Some examples of what your gift could support include (but are not limited to):
- Paying salaries for additional staff to perform site assessments
- Purchasing equipment, software, or access to data
- Development of technical tools, guidance documents, data analyses, reports, case studies, videos, educational information or similar resources to raise awareness, highlight best practices, underscore areas where further work is required, provide information, or make connections crucial for efficient and effective sustainable development.
- Development and provision of training for industry or the public
- Staff professional development and related efforts to maintain and expand expertise
- Demonstration projects or pilot studies
- Webinar series, workshops, or other special events
To make a gift:
- Visit the secure University of Illinois Foundation form at https://portal.uif.uillinois.edu/UIF-billing-form.
- Enter “ISTC Donors Fund” as the “Fund Name” on this form.
- Enter an amount, donor, whether this is a one-time or recurring gift, and other information as indicated on the form.
- In the “Additional Gift Information” section, under “Additional Instructions,” select “Yes” to indicate you have instructions for processing your gift.
- In the space provided for “Additional Instructions”, enter “Funds are for unrestricted project use by the ISTC Technical Assistance Program” if you wish for TAP to use your gift in whatever way is most needed at the time. If you have a specific outcome in mind, enter “Funds are for the ISTC Technical Assistance Program to [fill in your purpose].” Example purposes might include “conduct waste audits in Fulton County, IL” or “provide food waste prevention training.” If you do not indicate your gift is for use by the ISTC Technical Assistance Program, your funds may be distributed for use by other groups within ISTC.
- Select “continue,” and submit payment information as prompted.
If you prefer to make a gift via check, or if you require assistance, please contact Irene Zlevor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-300-8617.
Thank you in advance! You will receive an acknowledgment from the UI Foundation for tax purposes. You may be contacted by TAP staff for consent to publicly acknowledge your gift or confirmation that you wish to remain anonymous.